SPONSOR BY MAIL PROGRAM OF THE UPPER CUMBERLAND AREA SERVICE COMMITTEE
The primary purpose of this program is to provide written Narcotics
Anonymous Step Guidance to any incarcerated addict desiring recovery with Narcotics Anonymous.
Addicts on the outside are able to choose someone to guide them through the 12 Steps of Narcotics Anonymous by listening to them in meetings, and seeing how they live outside of meetings. Although circumstances do not make this possible for incarcerated addicts, our committee has set up a process by which we choose a Step Guide to help guide incarcerated addicts through the Steps of NA and help them grow in recovery. All the Step Guides have shared their commitment and willingness to help incarcerated addicts write the steps, as well as meeting certain requirements. The Step Guides will remain anonymous, using Code ID Numbers, they must have a minimum of 2 years clean, attend NA meetings regularly, work their steps in writing, and have completed at least the first five steps with an NA sponsor. For all general purposes we will define SG – Step Guide (Sponsor) and SW – Step Writer (Sponsee).
- The STSRCF (Southeastern Tennessee State Regional Correctional Facility) Coordinators will be provided a form that will designate a Code ID Number for all inmates participating in this program. They will be made Anonymous at all times.
- The UCASCNA will also be provided a form that will have a corresponding Code ID Number for Step Guides.
- All correspondence from the STSRCF will be mailed to the
UCASCNA on a weekly basis in one large envelope.
- Upon receiving the correspondence, the Secretary will match Code ID Numbers and immediately mail them to Step Guide.
- All correspondence will be logged in a permanent file of date
received and date mailed to Step Guide with corresponding Code ID Numbers.
- The Step Guide has 2 weeks (14 days) to respond to the UCASCNA Secretary with the completed correspondence with Code ID Number clearly stated on envelope.
- All correspondence will be mailed to STSRCF in one large envelope to be dispensed by their Coordinators on a weekly basis.
- At all times we must adhere to the STSRCF Security Guidelines.
- At no time during the correspondence will there be arrangements for:
RIDES, VISITS, LOANS, PHONE CALLS, MATERIALS FOR
CORRESPONDENCE, PHOTOS, BOOKS, DRAWINGS, TAPES OR CD’s, CONTACTING FAMILY MEMBERS OR FRIENDS, will be made between Step Guide and Step Writer.
- The 12 Traditions of NA will be strictly upheld.
- At no time will our NA member’s anonymity be compromised.
- At no time will our Step Guides identity, address or any personal
information of family or other NA members be disclosed.
- Any violation of these guidelines will result in immediate termination from this program.
Anyone meeting requirements that would like to participate in this program please contact: email@example.com
Upper Cumberland Area of Narcotics Anonymous
24 Hour Helpline: 866-454-3784